Apache MINA is a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily. It provides an abstract - event-driven - asynchronous API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP via Java NIO.
As my contribution was appreciated, i have been invited to join the MINA project team. I am now contributing on a regular basis to the Apache MINA project as a former member of the Apache Foundation.
Here's the release comment i made on the JIRA issue page explaining the features of this patch :
This is a great day (althought i spent 3 hours in the strike this morning :( ...)
as i'm proud to announce after 4 months of work that
i'm releasing a proxy support connector for MINA 2.0-M1.
This release features :
HTTP proxy :
- Support for NTLM authentication
- Support for Digest authentication
- Transparent support for reconnection to a http proxy that does not support connection keep alive
- Support for HTTP/1.1 requests
- Support for multi valued headers
- Configuration of prefered authentication mechanism
- Smart proxy authentication system that dynamically and automatically selects the mechanism to use
- Support for SOCKS4 and SOCKS4a
- Support for SOCKS5 with support for GSSAPI authentication via Kerberos V
Moreover i added some test classes and junit testcases to test internals and
cover most of the revelant functionnalities.
I hope this work will be usefull for the community as i put great efforts on it
I'm really excited by looking forward for your questions, comments, etc...
- Edouard De Oliveira - "